Please click here to view our SEN Information Report
Please click here to view our SEN Policy
SEND - Local Offer
All North Yorkshire maintained schools have a similar approach to meeting the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND.) They are supported by the Local Authority to ensure that all pupils, whatever their specific needs, make the best possible progress in school. The Local Authority publishes its Local Offer which provides information for children and young people with special educational needs (SEND) and their parents or carers in a single place.
Find out more from the North Yorshire County Council website
The school community believes that:
- All pupils are equally valued and the school has high aspirations for all
- All pupils are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum which is personalised and focused on outcomes.
- Teaching and learning will be adapted to suit the needs of learners and recognise different routes to achievement
- Early and accurate identification is essential
- There will be a flexible continuum of provision for pupils with SEN/D
- SEN/D and high needs funding will be used efficiently to ensure good progress of pupils with additional needs
- Staff will be given appropriate training to allow them to meet a wide range of needs
- Parents will be fully involved as partners in their child’s education
- Pupils will be encouraged to give their views on what learning is like for them
- Governors should have access to information which will allow them to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the SEN/D policy
All stakeholders of the school will anticipate and plan for the entry of any new pupil, ensuring that the learning environment and other facilities are as accessible as possible.
SENCO - (Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator) - Mrs Carole Kestell